Thursday, June 24, 2010

Big Day Today

Today is going to be a stressful one. I have an appointment in about an hour with my psychologist. I'm not really looking forward to that. I don't like her. It's not because she is buddhist or that she is a lesbian, it's because it seems all she wants to discuss is my past sexual abuse and I am SO tired of talking about it.

I have a plan for today, however. The purpose of my going, in my opinion, is to manage bipolar disorder. So, today's focus is going to be on that. And only that. And that is all we will discuss from here on out throughout this whole forced counseling thing. I really hate that I even have to go to begin with. But, I have to jump through these hoops in order to keep on the program that pays for my medication.

On the bright side, right after I am done with her, I see my nurse who I REALLY like. She is so nice and we have a lot in common. She is fun to talk to and really is there, I feel, to help manage this condition. I wish the psychologist was the same way.

This afternoon I have court. It's for the protection order that was issued three weeks ago against my ex who has been stalking my family and I. I pray to God that the judge extends the order. My son is doing SO much better now and I hate to think of how much stress he is going to endure if his father is allowed to resume contacting him. I have also enjoyed the peace and quiet since his privileges were suspended when the order was issued.

Will update later after court. Wish me luck & pray for God's favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment