Monday, March 29, 2010

Progress

I've been in the bedroom cleaning and organizing. My husband and I share a closet and it's just not big enough for the both of us. I have to admit, I really miss having the entire thing to myself. I didn't know how wonderful that was until we separated for 7 months. I finally moved my dresses, skirts and scarves to a different closet. He just has so much tactical crap that he only wears when serving search warrants which isn't too often...but I like to keep all his cop stuff together so I threw in the towel and moved some of mine instead.

Which reminds me...is it excessive to own 23 tank tops of various colors and styles if you do wear every single one of them? At last count I had around 38 pairs of shoes...mostly sandals and flip flops...my husband would balk but I did wear all of them...I have 4 or 5 styles of black heels...I think I narrowed it down to 3 pairs of tennis shoes...and I now have only 6 or 7 hoodies hanging. I even found a way to hang all of my purses of which I've dropped down to around 7 or 8. Seriously, I swear I've been getting rid of stuff.

I sell Avon. I don't think I put that in my profile. But I LOVE the boxes they ship the merchandise in. They are about 9 inches wide and 18 inches long with lids! I confess that I have many filled with papers and crap that needs to be sorted and organized one of these days. The boxes stack so neatly on top one another...I am always anticipating a delivery so I can have new boxes.

My youngest daughter and I got our glasses today. Our previous eye doctor gave all six of us in the house bifocals which I thought was rather odd...but they are the professionals, right? Well, come to find out that I don't need bifocals...yet. In fact my glasses have a prescription in the right lense but not the left lense...I wear them when reading, on my computer and driving (which translates into pretty much all the time, LOL).

My daughter is nearsighted and also has Convergence Insufficiency--something I've never heard of until now. It's apparently genetic and the opthalmologist believes that I also have it. Basically our eyes do not work well together and cause a host of problems such as blurred/double vision, headaches, faulty depth perception, etc. My daughter will be starting "vision therapy" for 30 minutes each day, 5 days each week. The program is computerized and a bit on the expensive side, but she should be able to stop doing it in about 90 days. She is very motivated and eager to start. We should have the program on the 8th of April when her opthalmologist returns. I am very excited to see how she progresses.

Speaking of progress, my youngest two who will be in 5th grade next year have informed me that they want to homeschool again. Both say they are tired of the way the kids in school behave. Since one is autistic, I can really see for myself how he stands out and the kids treat him like some weirdo. He is becoming more aware of it now that he's getting older which is sad. I'd almost he remain oblivious and believe that everyone is his friend.

So, I'm searching for curriculum. I am leaning towards a classical education so will definitely be using Accelerated Achievement, probably with Saxon math. Not sure about science yet...we'll see. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment